Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sweeter than Sugar!

Guest Designer at
The Greeting Farm!

February is my month to do a little guest designing for The Greeting Farm.  I have been a long time fan of the farm so I'm really excited to share with you a couple TGF projects

This stamp is Double Cupcake Anya, she's perfect for a birthday card and even a little 'thinking of you' birthday gift.  This card is all made from scrap papers and embellishments from my stash.  I love it when I have good sized pieces of paper left over to work with.  Anya was colored with Copic Markers.




Here is that little 'thinking of you' gift I was speaking of.  Perfect for a sweet girl's nightstand for her nightly drink of water.

Tutorial Time
with Double Cupcake Anya

Products needed include:  Double Cupcake Anya stamp, Mod Podge, paint brush, sponge, Memento Ink, Brilliance Ink, tumbled tile, waterproof markers (I used Faber-Castell markers), heat gun optional.



This is super easy to do and everyone likes cute coasters.  Don't forget you can create wall tiles too!

First you want to get tumbled marble tiles.  I like the 4x4 size and normally buy them in a box set, they are inexpensive at big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes...  Be sure you wash it off to remove excess dust and let dry before stamping your image.

Next you want to use the Brilliance ink to stamp on the tile.  Be sure you ink your stamp well, the tile is porous and you want the ink to leave some color in the little holes.

After stamping your image you MUST let it dry.  I like to leave mine alone for a few days to dry, but if you are in a hurry you can help the drying process along using a heat gun.

Now you are ready to color...if you use markers you need to know that the tip of the markers could be ruined.  I used markers because I wanted the colors to be vibrant and exact.  I added a couple flowers in the corner used Mod Podge to adhere them.

I have 4 thin coats of Mod Podge on this coaster, covering the whole top surface of the tile. This makes it water proof enough for your glasses and bottles.  You can also use other glazes if you want.


Ta-Da!
Easy peasy and super cute!


3 comments:

  1. she's so cute...and I love the tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I can't wait to try this. Thank you so much for sharing. best wishes. xx Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. OEWIIEE I love the greeting farm stamps too, super cool you can be a guest designer! Love this cute one :)

    ReplyDelete